Background

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Easter Decor

Ok, so it is Easter time and I LOVE decorating for the big fat bunny that visits. I pin like a mad woman well in advance so that I can make everything I love for Easter, right? Never seem to get all my projects done and out in the house in time. This year, I did a little bit better. So here is the pin:
What I really loved about this pin was that it was 1) Easter and 2) Has orchids in it. I have a whole lot of orchid stems from my wedding over 10 years ago that have been sitting, and sitting, and sitting (you get the picture) with absolutely nothing to use them for. So I thought it would be great to actually use them. I also had a few other things that I could use, so it turned out to be a very budget friendly project for me, Yay!

Left over Wedding stuff- FREE (kind of with depreciation)
Bought at Home Goods a few years ago....
Only $12.99 and came with poorly populated flowers in it
Poorly populated flowers yanked out




Sparkly eggs from Target dollar aisle
  1. Pull out flowers and leave foam inside
  2. Look at home supply of orchids and decide which one to use
  3. Arrange them in a very lovely manner so that it looks good
  4. Skewer some glitter eggs for effect
  5. Add a bow with some ribbon that I already own (again free through depreciation)
  6. Ta Da

Finished Product! Pin PASS (close in appearance and practically free)
Total Cost: $$ less than $20
Basket $12.99 (only because the tag is on, otherwise free with depreciation since I had it on-hand)
Flowers- Free with Depreciation
Eggs: $1
Ribbon- Free with Depreciation



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We will review it before posting.